Lg Ally messaging problems after update to 2.2
jrich991

Okay ever since I received the 2.2 Update, I have a problem receiving text messages. I have to call a number such as my voicemail in order to get my messages to come through. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Ally messaging problems after update to 2.2
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please reboot your phone by removing the battery while the phone is still turned on. Leave the battery out for a few seconds, place the battery back and turn the phone on. If you are still having issues receiving text messages after rebooting the phone, please reply to the private message we will be sending you with your mobile number and contact number so we can access your account and better assist you.

Thanks

John B

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should also dial * 228, option 1 to reprogram your phone and its settings to the Verizon network.  Then dial *228, option 2 to update the PRL (preferred roaming list).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jrich991

Neither of these helped me, It is something to do with the new update. I did not have any problem receiving messages before the update. I have talked to verizon customer service, fixes it for a few days then it comes back. I have done 4 factory resets. My area is 28334.

0 Likes