Lg V10 constantly searches for 4G network but cannot find it. switches between 3G and 1x all after recent software update.
fghendrix01

With the recent update on my LGV10 software I now notice the phone constantly searching for a 4G signal.  Phone alternates from 1x to 3G in areas were I use to get a 4G signal.  The phone heats up and the battery drains constantly due to this signal searching.  I have tried restarting the phone, removing the sim card.  The phone does find the 4G for a brief moment when it is restarted but goes back to constantly searching for the signal under 3G.  Please Help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg V10 constantly searches for 4G network but cannot find it. switches between 3G and 1x all after recent software update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place fir help fghendrix01. Let's get your 4G service working consistently on yout LG V10. May I ask what zip code are you having 4G service connectivity issues in? Also, what's the exact software version that you have installed? We need the baseband, kernel, and Android version to proceed.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Lg V10 constantly searches for 4G network but cannot find it. switches between 3G and 1x all after recent software update.
fghendrix01

ZIP CODE: 90745, 91702

ANDROID VERSION 6.0

BASEBAND VERSION : MPSS.BO.2.5.C101-00018-M8992FAAAANAZM-1

KERNEL VERSION : 3.10.84-g41d65a3-00004-gb705474

SOFTWARE VERSION: VS99022A

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you providing us with the details of the software installed fghendrix01. Currently, there isn't any issues reported in the zip codes that you have provided. Do you experience the same issue indoors and outdoors? Can we assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on your LG V10?

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fghendrix01

No damage has occured to the phone. It occurs indoors and outdoors. And i see a lower signal strength no matter where i am at. Could a phone case interfere with the signal?  I started using a new case around the same time i installed the updates on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! A phone case could certainly cause issues with your signal. We recommend removing the case and letting us know if this resolves your concern.

CarleyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes