Lg g2 lollipop android.process.acore
Auburntiger1856
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since upgrading to lollipop, I get a constant android.process.acore crash.  I think it is tied to the contacts.  Have tried resetting data for contact storage and all the other resets that are suggested on this topic (not factory reset, yet).  It doesn't happen in safe mode.  I have deleted some third party apps, but it still pops up after awhile.  Most recently, Facebook started to cause it until I deleted it.  I really don't want to do a factory rest unless there is another option.  It's almost as if the apps are causing the crash when they start to fall in line with lollipop and access/sync with contact info.

Also, since I was resetting the data on the contact storage, the google contacts synced back fine, but the ones I had on Verizon back up assistant plus did not sync.  They just got over written with nothing.  Otherwise erased.

Labels (1)
Re: Lg g2 lollipop android.process.acore
AndersonAPA
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having this same issue after updating to Lollipop. Clearing the contact storage data was a temp fix. I see where people have issues with FB causing this error. I have uninstalled it. Hopefully this fixes it.

Don't get me wrong, this is definitely not an acceptable fix. I hope someone from Android or VZW can shed a little more light on this. I never had the problem before the update last night.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Auburntiger1856, thanks for these details. It's important to us that you have a properly working device! Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, the applications can be conflicting with the recent software update. Try running your device in safe mode to determine is an application is causing the issues that you've described. Click http://vz.to/1MBf4eG for the steps. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Auburntiger1856
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I said in my original post, i put it in safe mode and did not get an error.  There have been a couple of apps that caused it like Google Messenger.  I uninstalled them and even reinstalled Messenger and it was fine but then another app would cause it.  It doesn't seem to be the app so much as it trying to access contacts that crashes it.  Haven't had the error since uninstalling Facebook. I just access FB from a browser instead of the app.

Snn5
Legend

Contacts sync fixer app in the Play Store helped me out.  Didn't have to uninstall anything after that.