Re: Lg has released oreo update for the V20 when will verizon?
WHATTMAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also would kinda like to know when or if Verizon is releasing Oreo...it isn't a question of whether or not my phone is running ok, I know it would run better with the update

Hoosiertraveler
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I had done some Google searches about the Oreo update, I found forms where some Samsung owners were complaining. If at&t and Sprint have both released it, then it seems like it must be a carrier issue. My phone is also running fine, but having a more current OS would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WHATTMAN,

I can certainly understand wanting to get to the latest operating system update. We are unable to provide any form of update or ETA, but as soon as any future updates are available they will be posted here: http://spr.ly/6589D0aY5

I hope this information is helpful.

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely understand the need for the latest Android update for your LG V20. We don't have an estimated release time for the release of the update, however you can click on the following link in order to view the latest update. http://spr.ly/6581D0LQB

Jesus_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have the most up to date software, Hoosiertraveler. I wish there was a way to push the update out to all capable devices. We do not have any say on when LG pushes these updates out. We have devices that already have the update, it is up to the manufacturer to determine which devices, and when the update will release. Here is a link with more info: http://spr.ly/6582D0Lay . I hope this information is beneficial.

Marshall_VZW

0 Likes
Hoosiertraveler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Woo hoo! My phone did a random reset, I checked for updates, and Oreo has arrived! Took a little longer than expected, but thank you, Verizon folks!

0 Likes
IcecreamVille

My LG V20 just received the Oreo update - software applied

Version VS99520a

Be patient, it is coming. 🙂

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Enjoy. I've been enjoying Pie for a month.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Ok Since it's ok can we lock this thread now?

0 Likes
SIBESAVER

Ha ha.... ROTFL

0 Likes