Local App Gone
AdamLKN

I did some updates to my apps yesterday, and the "local" app to find local places around me is gone. I noticed "navigation" was gone too, but did see the other forums. Anyone know where Local went? I used it all the time to find stuff around me. So frustrating...there should be a pop up letting us know before stuff disappears. Thanks!

HTC Rezound / Andriod / Play Store

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Local App Gone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that was also incorporated in the Maps update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Local App Gone
grendadw

Just saw this post on another site and it restored my beloved "local" app.:

Good news! I went to Application Manager, clicked on Maps, pressed the forced stop button, then did an uninstall updates, then cleared cache, then magic happened! My Google Navigation went back to "normal" like it used to be! Plus the "Local" app now also works normally like it used to.

The new Maps update and Google Navigation update is pure cr@p!!! Plus the updated Google Navigation was very unstable, as it was constantly giving me the message that this app has stopped working and needs to close. That's bull !!

Next time I see an update available for Maps, don't just say no to it, say HEEEEELLLLLLLLLL no to it! Okay, rant over. Whew!

0 Likes