I have a Samsung Note 3. I think it's running Android 4.4.2.
1. Tried to change PIN (4 numbers) from settings menu
2. Setting's program had error (i think there was a pop up saying there was an error) while changing the PIN.
- after putting in the current PIN, and then the new PIN, and then confirming the new PIN is when the error happened.
3. I went back to PIN change menu from setting. But my old PIN, new PIN didn't work.
4. So, I restarted the phone.
5. Now, I am locked out!!!
Here's what I did trying to get in.
1. VZW customer service. Factory Reset.
2. Samsung customer service. Factory Reset.
3. Google customer service. Try Andriod Device Manger. It can remotely change my PIN. YES. I've tested it on a different phone and it works like a charm. But doesn't work on my Note3. I can see that the PIN is remotely changed but when I key in the new PW, it says incorrect PW. I tried 4 digit numbers, text, special charaters. everything i can think of to remotely change the PW, but it doesn't work.
Here's what I think may work.
1. I think the setting app may be corrupt. I could manually update the phone by saving the update on a SD and going into the boot screen (volume up + menu button + power on). Then try to change the PW using Android Device Manger. Then try to unlock the phone.
>> Problem. I don't know where to download the software update.
2. I think the phone doesn't think the PW that the phone is change to(via android device manger) vs. the PW that I put in are not the same. Maybe there is an alphabet or special charater or a number that will work.