Login Fails on Pop email after password change
jehdog1

I changed the password on my Yahoo account (from PC) and when I went to make the change on Galaxy SIII it doesn't work.  I get the repeated emails from donotreply@vzw.net telling me that the account can't be authenticated.  I have repeated process, carefully re-entered new password, tried to delete the yahoo account (to start over with new password) -- won't let me delete without a factory reset, no thanks.  Someone know how to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Login Fails on Pop email after password change
jimmurray1946

I have the same problem but with both the live mail (hotmail) and Gmail accounts. Changed passwords via computer and now my phone SCHi110 will not retrieve my email unless I log into the email accounts by typing in the address for the email account into the browser on the phone itself. I cannot change the password on the phone and have searched the forums to no avail. Logically I should be able to cancel the email and reload just the program but can't find a way to do this either. Anyone have an answer to these problems? I hate the thought of a reset then reloading the apps individually since if i recover the app it brings back the original password.

0 Likes
Badgertime
Enthusiast - Level 1

did you ever find a way to resolve this?  I have the same problem...I changed my gmail password and now my phone won't recognize the new password.  Did anyone help you?

0 Likes
deepbluesea

I have the exact same problem with my Galaxy Note 2.... changed yahoo PW on my PC but now can't get my email on my phone. I keep getting those same messages from donotreply@vzw.net saying that it can't authenticate. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the Yahoo app from the Play Store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there deepbluesea,

I understand receiving e-mails on your phone is extremely convenient so I absolutely want to make sure we get you back up and running.

I want you to try removing the e-mail account,http://vz.to/16Epqti, and re-adding it with the correct password,http://vz.to/Hc5jH6.

Ann154 also brings up a great recommendation to try using the Yahoo app from the Play Store.  Since this app is specifically designed for Yahoo, it tends to work a bit better at times.

Let us know if you continue to have trouble.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes