Lollipop Moto x update problem with bluetooth shuts down wifi ?
2120SoMichigan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sept 14 2015 Lollipop Moto X update problem - bluetooth shuts down WIFI. Any fixes other than restarting,clearing cache etc ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lollipop Moto x update problem with bluetooth shuts down wifi ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2120SoMichigan, new update time is always exciting, just not when we experience issues.

Let's help review what's going on with your Moto X and WiFi/Bluetooth. With your Moto, you mentioned some standard troubleshooting steps.

Were those performed? (Wipe Cache Partition)

Also, if you look under Settings>More>Tethering & Portable Hotspot > Is Bluetooth tethering disabled?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
2120SoMichigan
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the standard steps were performed -cache, reboot, tethering etc. Any time the bluetooth is activated, it will crash, i.e. make non functional, the wifi. Additionally when the bluetooth is turned ON - and I attempt to connect to our home wifi (or any wifi)  - it just says "Saved" under the SSID and wont even attempt to connect. If I turn on the wifi first and successfully connect without the bluetooth - and then turn on the bluetooth, the wifi abruptly stops. Perplexed, thanks for assistance

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How strange this issue is, 2120SoMichigan. Let's keep working on this issue. Have you been able to delete the wi-fi connection from your phone and then re-try to enter in the wi-fi service into the phone again. You can find the steps on how to complete that by following this link: http://spr.ly/6582BKD58 Please keep us posted after you get a chance to test it out.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
2120SoMichigan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi -Forgot (deleted) network and added it back; however once the network was added back the bluetooth activation crippled the wifi. Strange, as once the Bluetooth is turned off, the wifi comes on immediately - almost like the two switches were intertwined. If we do a factory reset, would we revert back to a previous version of Android? Bluetooth is essential to us and cant do without. Utilizing cellular data would be impossible all the time (& BT doesnt work well with it) - Appreciate the Verizon assistance and persistence. Think we may be against a brick wall - that's why we're considering the old KIT Kat vs Lollipop -don't think we can wait for Marshmallow -again thanks for your brain power !!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate these helpful details, 2120SoMichigan.

To confirm regarding this behavior, the connection to WiFi will disable even with Bluetooth enabled, but no device being synced to it?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
2120SoMichigan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi to clarify, the only time the WIFI doesn't work is when the Bluetooth is enabled. WIFI works perfectly whether at home or elsewhere - unless the Bluetooth is turned on - then it stops functioning(the (wifi). Additionally, I have tried this on several different networks and without exception the Bluetooth disables the WIFI. No devices were synced to the Bluetooth. I have a Fitbit but deleted the app in order to make sure it wasn't interfering with the process. FYI - the Bluetooth, WIFI and Fitbit app work perfectly on my other two Lollipop devices (Nexus 9 & Nexus 7). Still perplexed

mherms
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem. Moto X (1st gen XT1060) with 5.1 Lollipop update. This problem isn't isolated to 2120SoMichigan. The Verizon/Moto X Android 5.1 Update has issues. Are there plans for a patch? Is there a way to roll back to 4.4.4?

0 Likes
2120SoMichigan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi - thanks for post, I've seen a lot of things on line, but no real solutions - Do not believe this a Verizon issue - they've attempted to be helpful and customer svc very responsive. Wouldnt bother with a factory reset, as you will not roll back to KitKat. Think an update/patch is the only answer. I may grab something off of eBay, until I hear the reviews of the new Nexus phones later this fall - these will have Marshmallow. The Google announcement is Sept 29th and can't wait. Being without Bluetooth and/or WIFI has really inconvenienced my family, but also shows how spoiled I've gotten!! Maybe the brainpower at Verizon can come up with a solution - this stuff aint simple    regards

0 Likes
Dhtechs

Maybe a "Developers Edition"  or "Pure"  phone is in your future.  Those are my plans.  Unlocked bootloader and Rootable phones are the only ones I'm going to buy from now on.

0 Likes