Lost all my photos during an accidental factory reset, can they be recovered?
LennaH515

My toddler was messing with my phone and accidentally did a factory reset (the phone was locked so I have NO idea how he did this). Anyway I lost all my photos including the ones on my SD card. I did not back anything up on the cloud or google drive that I am aware of. Is there any hope of recovering these photos, especially from my SD card? I have an LG V10.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost all my photos during an accidental factory reset, can they be recovered?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Without there being any sort of back-up implemented before the reset/deletion from the smartphone itself, I can't think of a way to recover the photos. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Lost all my photos during an accidental factory reset, can they be recovered?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked your Google account and verified the pictures weren't backed up?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

LennaH515 wrote:

My toddler was messing with my phone and accidentally did a factory reset (the phone was locked so I have NO idea how he did this). Anyway I lost all my photos including the ones on my SD card. I did not back anything up on the cloud or google drive that I am aware of. Is there any hope of recovering these photos, especially from my SD card? I have an LG V10.

Doubt you can get them back. google will give you unlimited storage for photos so you should take advantage of that from now on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LennaH515, we are truly sorry to hear of the incident you had with your device. We understand the importance of making sure all of your memories are stored in a secured area should a situation like this may happen. Allow us to further explore your options. If you are unaware if you had securely backed up your content to Verizon Cloud or to Google drive we recommend that you check these features just in case. To review your Verizon Cloud content please follow this link for steps to do so http://vz.to/2Ctv2HR. Also, if you may have a google account set up please follow this link http://bit.ly/2GoajHF to sign into the Google drive account in case your content has been automatically saved in this cloud feature. When it comes to your SD card, we recommend that you securely remove the SD card and place it into a different device to check and see if there is anything on it. Please follow this link http://vz.to/2ECDsi8 for steps on how to securely remove the SD card.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes