Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,885 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Lost contacts...most by not all.
ralphcrowder

I deleted contacts an my old phone that I was giving to my daughter.  That phone is not active and yet now my contacts are gone from my current phone.  How can I restore my contacts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost contacts...most by not all.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the contacts have been synced from your Google account?  Perhaps when you deleted them on the old phone, they were deleted from the server and then synced with your new phone? I would suggest that you sign into your Google account and navigate to your contacts page and check to see if there is a trash can you could restore them from.

As for your old phone, you should factory reset the whole phone so it can be set up for your daughter's account instead of having remnants of your information on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

i don't think contacts go to the trash.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

hopefully you chose to sync them to your google account. if so pretty easy to get them back. if not lesson learned. also make sure you have your contacts on your new device before resetting the old one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The answers from previous posts in this thread are accurate. If the phone is an Android phone then most likely the contacts are backed up on your Google account and can be restored from there. Also, if you have the Verizon Cloud, that can also be a source of backup that may house your contacts. You can easily check to see if the feature is active on your line through you My Verizon account. 

StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if the accounts were synced, then deleted on one, which they were, they're gone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Restore contacts

If you deleted, synced, imported, or merged contacts in the last 30 days, you can undo those changes to retrieve your contacts.

Note: When you restore contacts to a certain time, such as one week ago, any contacts added after that time won't show up. Learn how to export your current contacts and add them back later.

1. Go to Google Contacts.
  2. Click More  and then Undo changes.
  3. Choose a time to go back to.
  4. Click Confirm.

Import, restore, or back up contacts - Contacts Help

0 Likes
alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

Ralphcrowder, losing your contacts is never a pleasant situation and I'll be glad to help ensure we get your contacts restored one way or another. Ann154 has a good point as your contacts may have been backed up via Google directly if they disappeared on your current phone. Have you yet been able to confirm or check if your contacts were backed up via Google or Verizon Cloud?

Google Contacts can be restored via this link: Import, restore, or back up contacts - Contacts Help https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/1069522?hl=en

Verizon Cloud Contacts can be restored via this link: Restore Content - Verizon Cloud - Android Smartphone | Verizon Wireless

Keep in mind Contacts or Connections are not listed in the Verizon Cloud restore but are part of the restore process as long as you either select Calls or Messages from the restore options. I hope this information helps going forward.

Alan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

good tip, i had to import some items into gmail & see the reference to 30 days, thanks.