Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lost in Android world!! 2.1 or 2.2??
digemonk

I am new to droids and was wondering if I buy a phone with Android 2.1, will I be able to upgrade it to 2.2 when it comes out? I am looking at the continuum and I believe it is 2.1 right now...would I have to do anything for this upgrade or will my phone babysit me??  Thank

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost in Android world!! 2.1 or 2.2??
ezas

If Versizon releases 2.2 for your device you will be upgraded. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

Samsung has a rep of being bad at updating their phones in a timely fashion.  Some Galaxy S phones (on carriers outside of the U.S.) have started getting upgrades, however, there has been not even so much as a rumor as to when an update will be provided for either the Continuum or Fascinate.

0 Likes
PJNC284

Samsung released their finalized version to the US carriers back in October iirc.  It's the carriers that are sitting on their hands now.  There is a rumor floating around about a comment on internal Verizon channels that they will be pushing out a Maintenance Release (not Froyo) that should fix the laggy GPS and some other issues while Froyo has been pushed back to early next year.  So I guess it's just a waiting game at this point.  

0 Likes