Lots of Problems after Nougat update
SlowBusa

My phone did the Nougat update on Tuesday April 18th.  Prior to that I had no issues with my phone at all, and with my normal usage I could easily get 20-24hrs on a single charge.

Now after the update, with any usage at all I might get 4-5 hours.  I thought maybe the install got hung up, so I did a full factory wipe, and cleared my cache out as well.  I rebooted my phone several times after and charged it up completely, and didn't see any real change.

I charged my phone to 100%, and set it to do not disturb, laid it on my dresser at 11pm last night before I went to bed.  When I woke up I was down to 25%.  I'm losing roughly 10% of my batter per hour.

Also I've had several phone calls since the update when the person I'm talking to can no longer hear me mid conversation.  I have full signal and can hear them fine.  I have to hang up and call them back.

I need help, this is completely unacceptable.

Screenshot_20170421-081944[1].png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lots of Problems after Nougat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the update should make for a better experience with your phone SlowBusa. We want to make sure your phone is working at its best. When there is a major update like this to the device, it can take a few days for your phone to fully optimize to the new software. What make and model phone do you have? Have you checked to ensure all your apps are up to date as well?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

With the android os at 10% for almost 9 hrs of battery usage tells me it is still busy in the back ground. Have you updated all your apps? Did you add any apps to the phone after the factory reset? What type phone do you have?

0 Likes
SVANRIXEL

This one is the worst ever. Could you make the text any smaller? OMG, I can't even read notifications any more. How do I go back. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I don't like this update AT all.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Once we hit that update button that was it we can not go back. What type of phone do you have and what update did you get? Sometimes the update will make the phone change everything that we had set on the phone . Hopefully that is all you have to do is go back thru ALL the settings and get the phone back to where you had it before the update

0 Likes