Lucid by LG stuck in Safe Mode
sakers70
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was charging overnight and my cat pee'd on my phone... I know ewe...

Anyway, I opened it up, removed the battery and wiped it off with a dry cloth then wiped it down with an alcohol wipe

Also, I removed the SD card and the SIM card and put everything in a bowl full of rice and left it there for hours.

When I took it out and put everything back in it started up on but its stuck in SafeMode.

It also appears to not be charging properly.  Sometimes it'll show charging, sometimes nothing.  I've followed instructions on disabling SafeMode but nothing works.  I've tried restarting it, turning it off complete and even a battery pull.  No change. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lucid by LG stuck in Safe Mode
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are going to need to replace the phone through insurance if you have it. The moisture damage has voided any warranty and Verizon Wireless won't be able to process a warranty claim.

Otherwise look at Swappa.com or eBay to find a used phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Well I love Cats but when kitty uses the phone as it's sandbox that draws the Line,  I'd say since your seeing weird charging characteristic's from the phone and it's locking itself in safe mode kitty has done in this phone and your best thing to do even though you acted fast and proper is to see if Verizon can replace the phone,

I hope that Helps.! 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are going to need to replace the phone through insurance if you have it. The moisture damage has voided any warranty and Verizon Wireless won't be able to process a warranty claim.

Otherwise look at Swappa.com or eBay to find a used phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

budone
Legend

B33, you suggesting the OP to try to get a replacement through VZW? May I ask why?

Very poor suggestion IMHO.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My suggestion B-1 was to Go to a Verizon Comm. Store and then let a Store Rep. take care of it.. I suggested what probably would of been suggested to me..

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Maybe I read it incorrectly, just read to me like you wanted the poster to hurry up and head to the store in hopes of getting a warranty replacement for a phone that was ruined by Tabby
0 Likes