MESSENGER+
Linda0007

Is there any way to save a text thread to another person's phone before I cancel service on existing phone? My mom recently passed and I will be disconnecting her cell phone. However, a relative who she texted frequently accidently deleted those messages on his own phone and asked me to save those messages from her phone. When I tried to forward those messages to man's phone, they displayed all same color so you couldn't tell who was "speaking". I spoke with VZ store clerk and Best Buy Samsung tech who said the only way I could have text from one phone transferred to another phone is if both phones had same phone number, like when upgrading from one phone to another and transferring data from old to new phone. So other than canceling service and just giving mom's phone to someone who will just keep it as a device to keep old texts, is there another way to move those texts over like on a usb stick? I only need the thread from one person but there are hundreds of messages and pics on that thread. The phone is just a year old so hate to give it away for just the purpose of storing old texts. BTW- the other person's phone is an Iphone in case that complicates things. Thanks much. Linda

0 Likes
Re: MESSENGER+
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to try a SMS backup application available in the Google Play store.  Most will backup to a format viewable in a browser, but there may be other formats available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: MESSENGER+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to read about your loss and we want to help in any way we can. I know firsthand how precious those conversations with our loved ones can be. What is the messagingn application that was being used on your mothers phone? This way we can look up all the ways to save the thread. ~Roger

0 Likes