MMS Messages
PamelaM58

I keep receiving "MMS messages can not be sent or received until your data access is re-enabled Please check your data delivery settings to enable data connectivity" Text messaging works fine but cant not receive or send pictures

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture texts require a data connection for sending/receiving; they won't send/receive over wi-fi ... as the message you're receiving indicates, you need to turn mobile data on for MMS.

0 Likes
PamelaM58

My WIFI is turned off and under Mobile Networks - DATA Enabled is checked?

0 Likes
PamelaM58

And if I am understanding you correctly - your saying I cant get pictures with Text messages if I am linked into my home WIFI ...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, as mentioned earlier, picture texts won't send/receive over wi-fi.  They don't count against your data package though, they count against your text package.

If both wi-fi and mobile data are turned on, the phone should switch as needed for the picture messages to send/receive, but sometimes it doesn't.  That's why it's best to turn off wi-fi and then turn on mobile data at least until the picture texts are sent/received.  A pain, but sometimes you do what you gotta do.

0 Likes