Major vulnerability Patch?
rob223456651243
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will you release a patch that will close the major vulnerability in Android which allows a hacker to take control of the cell phone by simply sending an MMS video message?

Labels (1)
Re: Major vulnerability Patch?
JoeMoran

Ditto. Same question here.

0 Likes
paoireoj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too.  I would also like to know how to block texts from all unknown numbers (various sites have suggested this workaround until the vulnerability is fixed).

0 Likes
FZAP159a

me too!.....also, since this vulnerability appears to be related to how Hangouts manages incoming MMS messages, if we have disabled Hangouts and are instead using Verizon's "Message+" app, are we still vulnerable?

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Keep in mind that this is an android problem,across all carriers, not specifically a Verizon problem. Verizon can't fix it until google releases a fix.

0 Likes
ShawnJG
Enthusiast - Level 2

To my understanding, Google has released the patch and now it's in the hands of the device makers to recode it for their devices and then on to the ISPs to approve or require it to be recoded again.

derrydavis
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the first thread I found on the issue. I am following it for the latest and greatest news on this issue. Will post new information to it when I find out more.

Will Verizon release a patch for the recently announced vulnerability of Android phones to hacking v...

0 Likes