Manage system updates on Moto Z Play
LYBERN2

I turned on my Moto Z Play this morning as I was getting into my car and a few minutes later noticed that it was downloading a system update. I was not plugged into power and did not have WIFI so it was downloading using mobile data. This is my 6th Motorola Droid phone and I think I was always able to set downloads to occur only over WIFI connections. I also recall being able to manually defer system updates. I called Verizon and was told by the agent that she can control her updates on her Galaxy so it must be a Motorola issue. I called Motorola and was told it was a Google issue. I called Google and was told it was sent instructions for managing downloads on a Google Pixel so I know some versions of Android can do it. The agent told me that Verizon specified what features and capabilities they wanted this version of Android to have. Could this be? Is Verizon forcing us to use mobile data for downloads when they can easily wait until we reach WIFI? Please tell me there is a way to prevent this and please tell me how. This download took 9 minutes of download data and then 10 minutes when I could not use my phone while it installed. I was able to defer the installation until I didn't need my phone for 10 minutes but couldn't control the data consumption.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Manage system updates on Moto Z Play
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LYBERN2, Seeing this is certainly concerning. Are you able to turn mobile data off and attempt the Software Update? Did you already complete the update?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Manage system updates on Moto Z Play
LYBERN2

I let the update run but I'm not happy about not being able to control when

they download and run.

On Jan 6, 2017 9:30 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes