Marshmallow update has messed up app manager and text messenger
Bansheegoof
Enthusiast - Level 1

After marshmallow update my app manager no longer gives me options to clear data or clear cache on any and all of my apps. The only options I have are for style and uninstall. This is a major problem. Also there is no tab for running apps. Only total apps on phone. Also message plus no longer give me notifications for my text messages. I get the text but no notifications. No vibrate no sound. Very disappointed in this update. What can I do. My phone is no longer a good phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update has messed up app manager and text messenger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure that your device is running in top notch form. What device are you using? There were changes made to App Manager in Marshmallow. ARe notifications set for Verizon Messages? They may reset after any update.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bansheegoof
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is an HTC One m9. My messenger notification was changed. It worked once in awhile but the majority of times I missed the text message. I installed an aftermarket app for text which works perfectly now. The app manager is my biggest concern because I no longer can clear data or clear cache. Also Gmail no longer notifies me instantly when I get an email received. I have to manually go in and check to see if I have new email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Bansheegoof

Thanks for confirming your device model. The Marshmallow update includes a new feature called “App Standby”. This feature will automatically disable apps that you’re not using, preventing them from running in the background and draining your battery. This is one reason why you no longer see the clear data or clear cache options.

With regards to your text message notifications, have you enabled “Received notification” and “Heads up notification” in the Notifications settings: http://vz.to/1Y33O0a? Also check to ensure your “Email notifications” are enabled as well: http://vz.to/1QUrPqG. Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

BobSF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding the options to clear cache and clear data (for apps), see this:  http://www.androidauthority.com/android-6-0-marshmallow-how-to-clear-app-data-and-cache-647355.

0 Likes
BobSF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding the question about how to view running apps, see this:  applications - How to check what apps are running in Android 6.0? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchan....

0 Likes