Mcafee livesafe is indicating that the Android Shell app is infected how do I renistall the shell ap?
ALLHUS50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mcafee livesafe is indicating that the Android Shell app is infected how do I re-install the shell app? McAffee says this is a medium risk threat. Avast Mobile app does not indicate any issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mcafee livesafe is indicating that the Android Shell app is infected how do I renistall the shell ap?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALLHUS50, ensuring you have a properly working device is a must. Help is here as I know how shocking it must be to see this error message. All wireless devices come preinstalled with anti-virus software as nothing else is needed.  What is the exact error code you show on your device?

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Mcafee livesafe is indicating that the Android Shell app is infected how do I renistall the shell ap?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

probably a false positive as Mcafee is garbage

0 Likes
ALLHUS50
Enthusiast - Level 2

The detection per McAfee is in app com.android.shell version 4.4.4-5

Artemix!b706fc298ffe

Hope this helps

Regards

0 Likes
ALLHUS50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correction to error code

Artemis!b706fc298ffe

0 Likes
ALLHUS50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like many people on a few other posts, we are still waiting for some resolution here.

0 Likes
skorpione

Just got the same message. Also waiting on a response.

0 Likes
ALLHUS50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting, replied to your request for more information a week ago, and I have heard nothing but crickets. As stated very eloquently on multiple threads, there are many people having this problem with out receiving any resolution. If you really have no intention of providing a fix, please advise so that I can take my patronage to your business (for at least 15 years) else where. which you.

thank you

0 Likes