Melting smell
TBB_Marion

My Droid Razar M keeps over heating and i haven't touched it at all , but its so hot there it kinda smells like something is melting. i talked to somone at a store were i live and contacted tech support and they told me theres nothing they can do even though i havent had the phone for a year yet what should i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Melting smell
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Call Verizons 800 number and discuss with them. With the phone being less then 1 year old, they need to warranty it out and send a replacement.

View solution in original post

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Call Verizons 800 number and discuss with them. With the phone being less then 1 year old, they need to warranty it out and send a replacement.

TBB_Marion

have tried that and was told theres nothing that can do unless it burns me

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might try contacting Motorola see if you can get something done through them..

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Seriously?  I would reach out you Customer Relations then if they are telling you that you need to get burned before they do anything about it. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Jakeman1

Just on that  STATEMENT.!  alone..  Turn it in only when you get burned is for grounds of turning it over to the Better Business Burrow, or an Attorney if the OP can prove what was said to him.. no customer should have to go through that just to get a replacement phone..

you know me Jake I wouldn't do it..

0 Likes
gigi92_jc

there is another technical support number you can call.. its not the 800 number its 866-406-5154. i have always had really good help with this number.. they have sent me two phone right to my door when i experienced issues like you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone over-heating. Is the phone damage? What functionality are you using when it over heats?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

One more thing you can try is to start the phone is Safe Mode. Many times there is an app that continues to run (in my past experiences it has always been Backup Assistant trying to sync) which will use Battery and make the phone feel hot.  You can check the Battery usage to see which app is using the most of your resources.  If it is not one of the below listed then the app listed is most likely the issue.

Screen

Android System

Android OS

Wi-Fi

Phone Idle

Also there was an issue with Kit Kat on some phones where the camera app did not stop running after you took a picture so that is an area to check as well.