Message+ Group Messages
beautramp

When I receive a text, how can I tell whether it's a group text on one sent to only me?

In some cases, I'd like to reply to the sender, only, not all recipients. For now, I just start a new message but that's not good if it was a message to only me. 

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Group Messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@beautramp wrote:

When I receive a text, how can I tell whether it's a group text on one sent to only me?

In some cases, I'd like to reply to the sender, only, not all recipients. For now, I just start a new message but that's not good if it was a message to only me. 

Any suggestions?

What make/model phone do you have?  On my moto z4, when I receive/open a group text, it comes labeled as 'Group MMS' with a number/contact of who responded and a Plus sign with a number showing how many other participants are in the group.  Messages from individuals only to me have only one sender, number or contact name.  In the main list of conversations, only the number/contact name and Plus sign with number of additional participants shows, not the 'Group MMS' label.

On the group message, if I press the sender number/name, a list of group participants comes up and I can select only one to send a message to.  Also, with the group message open, long pressing on an individual comment in the message string brings up a list of options which includes ''Reply to sender'.  I've never used it, but it opens a new individual response to that particular member of the group.  It doesn't include the text the selected individual sent, but there also is a 'Copy Message Text' option which copies their text and you can paste it in the new message.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes