Message expired or not available
dns1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I an notified by sound of a new text message, but receive nothing.  Immediately, the screen says "Message expired or not available."

Re: Message expired or not available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, dns1! We are concerned your device is not working as expected, and we would be glad to help you and go through some troubleshooting steps to get your messages working again. When did this issue start?

0 Likes
overit1060
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue and it started about two months ago. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

overit1060,

That's a long time to deal with that. We want to get you back to having the service you need. How often is this happening? Do you know if anyone is trying to text you at that time?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
hockey9592
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem receiving MMS or group text messages. If either says "Message expired or not available" or "Unsupported file" and has been happening for about 3 months. And it doesn't matter who sends me the text, it could be an iPhone user or Android user; a Verizon user or another carrier. 

DoctorBuzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue for a couple/few months myself.  Think it is MOSTLY in group texts... But I think it happens in one-on-one texts every once in awhile, too.  Tough to say, but it's extremely annoying.  I am on VZ Prepaid w/ Android 9, using Google Messages. 

0 Likes
DoctorBuzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be some incompatibility with Verizon and Google!!

https://support.google.com/messages/thread/18774467?hl=en

rr241
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely concerning, we know how important it is to get your messages and want to make sure this is properly resolved. What messaging application are you using? When did this problem start?

0 Likes
McDoogle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, I can say on my Razer phone 2 it is only the group messages that are being affected, and it is not all of them. If I had to say, I'm missing about 1 in 15-25 messages this way (again only in group messages). I am using the default messaging app for the phone. This issue started around the middle of August. At first it wasn't a big issue but it has started happening more frequently lately.