Re: Message+ not scanning QR code on secondary devise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the feedback Shortybiscuit. I see you said that you mentioned this is a new install. Can you tell me what error are you receiving now when you are trying to access the feature? 

0 Likes
SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was in my original comment. I can’t activate message + on my iPhone (secondary device). Each time I scan the QR it’s invalid, yet I get a confirmation text on my primary phone saying activation was successful. 

SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reposting original comment. 

I’m having an issue as well. I have a Palm Centro that does not have internet access. I get the text message with the link to the QR code and I forward the text to my email. I then click the link and open the QR code. I scan the QR with my secondary device (an iPhone) and get the error “Please scan a valid QR code”. I then immediately get a text on my Centro saying “Your device now has access to your text messages”. But, the iPhone messages + app is still waiting for a valid QR. What should I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will work toward a resolution, SHORTYBISCUIT. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/ for all the details. Are you attempting this over the cellular or Wi-Fi network? 

0 Likes
SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

WiFi. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting Message + to work on your iPhone. Please tell us, is what model is your iPhone and is the software up to date? 

0 Likes
SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPhone 7+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What iOS version are you running? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
SHORTYBISCUIT
Enthusiast - Level 2

IOS 14

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are all set with your device and service connection. With regard to your device and scanning the code what are you attempting to do with the QR code? Are you trying to transfer information or access the QR code for another purpose?

0 Likes