Message plus messages missing
danno676
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a series of messages on my Moto X 1st gen that were done using the pre installed "Messaging" app. I recently started using the Message Plus app, all of the messages transferred over. At the same time I activated a new Droid Turbo, updated the Message Plus app to the most current version, then "restored messages". The only messages that came over were the more recent conversations, 3 conversations from February, May and June will not transfer. I checked online and the same messages are missing.

I also tried saving the 3 missing messages, show as saved and gives me a file name but I can not find them anywhere online or within the phone. I connected the phone via usb to my computer and even searched by the filename and still nothing.

Any Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message plus messages missing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store . Pick one to backup the messages from the old phone and use the same application to restore them on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am sorry to hear your text threads didn’t restore completely, danno676. I know I would be asking the same thing if I tried all those steps. I appreciate your efforts so far. Let’s keep digging and find a solution. Are the messages that didn’t restore the only ones that were previously used via the stock messaging application? Furthermore, were there any messages that were used on the Messages + application not restored? I am just trying to see if there is any rhyme or reason why those three conversations didn’t restore. Please share details.

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store . Pick one to backup the messages from the old phone and use the same application to restore them on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

danno676
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure what happened. I uninstalled, unsubscribed, reinstalled, re subscribed over and over between the two phones to the point where no messages would come through on the message+ app. I finally gave up with frustration and used an alternative sms backup app. In theory, message plus would be great but it just didn't work for me. Thank you both for your help.

0 Likes