Messages sent from my Messages desktop app do not appear on my smartphone
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Messages+ desktop app is great for mirroring messages composed on my correspondents' smartphones and on my smartphone, and also for composing and sending messages to others' smartphones.  But the messages I send using the Messages+ desktop app apparently are not sent to my own smartphone for display in the native-Android Messages app.  They don't show up.  (I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB, Kit-Kat 4.4.2.)

I understand that installing Verizon Messages would fix this, but that would require me substituting Verizon Messages for my native-Android Messages app, which I do not want to do.

Is Messages+ capable of mirroring my desktop-sent messages to my own smartphone?  If so, how do I enable it to do so?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages sent from my Messages  desktop app do not appear on my smartphone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The solution is to use Verizon Messages as the default app on your phone.  If you are using another texting app as the default on your phone, you will not see your own responses (made from the desktop) on your phone.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can clarify! Yes subscribing to Verizon messages will integrate the messages and sync your messages with My Verizon. The orginal messages will stay on your device. 

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no problem with the original messages staying on my desktop.

The problem is that the messages originating on my desktop don't show up on my smartphone.

That's a real problem.  What's the solution?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The solution is to use Verizon Messages as the default app on your phone.  If you are using another texting app as the default on your phone, you will not see your own responses (made from the desktop) on your phone.

Re: Messages sent from my Messages desktop app do not appear on my smartphone
B33
Legend

So that is why I see this app on both of my phones and was wondering really what it's purpose was.! )  I don't use them much as I have the original messaging app that's been part of the phones for years but I guess I could use this newfangled squirt a bit more. now that I learned this.. learning new stuff every Day, 

Thank ya SuzyQ for mentioning it's uses.. 

MacGyver4th
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the Verizon Messages app on my phone and messages sent from the web site don't appear on the phone's app. Scheduled messages from the app also don't appear in the chat of the person they were sent to.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the importance and urgency in your messages working as they should be, MacGyver4th. With the messages that don't appear in the chat, is the person receiving the messages? Are the messages being sent/received successfully, (even if they're not in the app)? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes