Messaging Download Problems
fanitude23

I'm new to the whole smartphone thing, but I thought I've been getting the hang of my Droid Eris. The biggest problem I have is that whenever somebody sends me any kind of text that has any kind of media, I can't get to it. Pictures don't show, and whenever I try to download any of the messages, it's always unsuccessful. Can anybody help me with this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messaging Download Problems
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Due to what you have stated, I found that you may not have auto retrieve enabled on your device, therefore it will only show the message heading and not the actual picture or media that was sent to until you download it. Try enabling the autoretreive option so that the picture or video shows as soon as you receive the message instead of you having to download it. You can do this by following these steps:

-On the All messages screen, press MENU and then tap Settings to set

the text or multimedia message options.

-Auto-retrieve: Select this option to automatically retrieve all your MMS

messages completely. When selected, the MMS message

header plus the message body and attachments will

automatically download to your phone. If you clear this

check box, only the MMS message header will be retrieved

and shown in your All messages screen.

0 Likes
fanitude23

I did check that out, and auto retrieve was on. I did however also turn roaming auto retrieve on.  I dunno If that is going to fix it. Is there anyway I'll be able to download these messages or will they be unable to be retrieved?

0 Likes
Partsman

I am having this same problem...my Auto-Retrieve is also on. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this download issue?

0 Likes
kirkwood02

I've been having the same problem on a lot of my texts, although some pics do come through.  My auto-retrieve has always been checked.

0 Likes
klover1996

Check to see if your 'Mobile Network' is turned on.  I had the same issue and came across an android message board that said to turn on the mobile network.  Once I turned it on, my picture messages just started downloading.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes