Re: Microsoft Surface Duo
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for replying VictorC. 

It would be helpful if Verizon Wireless support could advise once the company makes an official announcement that an unlocked Microsoft Surface Duo can, indeed, be brought onto the network.

Paul

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dexman, 

The Duo is not currently in our line-up, as you know. We don't have information on whether or not it will be added to our line-up, but you can sign up for email updates and be the first to know about new products and services. Just click here:

https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/

0 Likes
CDMayberry1

Just checked the specs and it does now list Verizon as a carrier, though it comes with a caveat in the footnotes: "Verizon Wireless compatibility expected in September."

Here's hoping Verizon can give us an estimate for when that is before the Duo releases. My current phone is on life support, it's maybe got another month in it, if the Duo arrives any later than Sept. I might have to go with a different device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is a lot of excitement surrounding the DUO. No new updates as of now. However, you did mention that your current phone is on life support. We want you in a functioning device at all times. What are you currently experiencing with your device? 

0 Likes
CDMayberry1

The issues are age mostly, it's a Pixel 1 phone, about 4 years old at this point. The battery is at the end of it's life, it isn't lasting more than an hour of active use, and the phone has hit end of support from google. Nothing that can really be done there, but with covid I don't do a whole lot of traveling so it's manageable for the time being. Thanks for checking though.

0 Likes
Mandalorian

From your posted link: " Verizon Wireless compatibility expected in September."

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just noticed that disclaimer myself.

So, for Verizon Wireless customers who are interested in the Surface Duo, it might be a reasonable move to hold off purchasing the unit until compatibility has been announced.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that one of the local Best Buy stores will have a demo unit available for inspection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are most welcome, CDMayberry1. We want always want to help in any way we can. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance. 

0 Likes
Nordiskskier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Without hesitation, I ordered the Surface Duo on the first day of pre-order because it is exactly what I have looking for (I am still using my Nokia Lumia Icon Windows phone, which will be disabled by Verizon at the end of the year). 

Although Microsoft states that the Surface Duo will work on Verizon - if it doesn't, I will be switching mobile carriers. Easy solution.

0 Likes
Kabir11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like we need to switch to AT&T to have a working Microsoft Duo device on launch date. 

0 Likes