Missed Calls - No Notification - Do Get VMail left
ACETech

Droid Mini.   OS version 4.4.4

Earlier phone would not ring with incoming calls.   Would not give notification.  Some people would leave a voice mail letting me know I had missed their call.  Others know that if I see I've missed a call I will call them back.   Being told it was the phone, I replaced it.

New phone is 6-8 months old.  Today someone was to call me right back.  They did.  Phone was on desk and it did not ring or give notification that I had missed a call or that a call was received.   Only when I heard the chime that I had a voice mail did I realize I had missed a business call. 

I don't want to think how many other business calls I have missed and don't even know they have called! 

This is a business phone.  No games.  only 3 apps (business).

NOTE:  I have a business phone number, from Verizon, that is forwarded to my cell phone (this phone).

Any ideas?   The update antenna's is over in a second.  I don't think that is working.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missed Calls - No Notification - Do Get VMail left
lilsmores

I don't have a solution for you. Just wanted to let you know it isn't just you. My phone is giving me the same issues but only half the time.

When you are in an area without service and you miss a call because of this or if the phone is off and somebody calls you, do you get the notification upon turning on your phone? I'm not, and this is an irritating issue I'm having with the DROID Mini.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I had the same issue with my Droid Incredible II; it happened for about 80% of my phone calls. I did what you did which was suffered through it for about 8 months and then upgraded to an S5. It's happened maybe one or two times since I did this, but not nearly as bad.

Something to consider is the Sim card; I never did before, but you could try resetting network settings and then turning the phone off and taking the Sim card out and putting it back in.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ACETech wrote:

Phone was on desk and it did not ring or give notification that I had missed a call or that a call was received.   Only when I heard the chime that I had a voice mail did I realize I had missed a business call.

If you have intermittent service in your office as I do, the call can be immediately directed to VM if there is no service at the time the call is made. THIS will not result in a missed call notification. Missed call notifications ONLY occur when the phone actually rings. Since the phone did not ring, there would be no missed call notification. This is how the system is designed and is unlikely to change.

0 Likes
docems
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with the I phone 6.  replaced the phone and the same issues exist.  Does the I phone 6 have less receive capabilities?

Called tech support but can't get to a high level troubleshooter.

Gscott906

I an having the same problem!!!!  I have gone to Verizon twice and they look at me like I'm crazy!  So, no solution.....  😞

0 Likes
ACETech

I'm getting another phone.  Looking at Samsung, maybe iPhone, and again at the newer Droids.

0 Likes
DR-L
Enthusiast - Level 1

Galaxy S20+ 5G  phone does the same thing. Callers say the phone rings a few times and goes to voice mail. The phone does not ring and there is no missed call notification. This problem occurs multiple times with incoming calls from multiple people. No numbers are blocked.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DR-L. We are very sorry to hear about the receiving calls issue that has been happening with your Samsung Galaxy S20+ issue. We certainly want to assist with making sure that you are able to receive calls correctly again. When did this issue first start happening? 

-Brett

0 Likes