Re: Missing Contact Pictures - Verizon Message App
Gospodinjuha
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't care anymore, I disabled the app.

On Jun 24, 2015 9:49 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

moni66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure why the response from Verizon indicated the feature is not available.  I'm using the verizon message+ app and most of my facebook contact pictures show up within that app, but not all of them.  I'd like to know when this will be corrected or just give me the steps to correct it myself on my own phone.  I have the Note 4 Edge.  Thank you.

BladManDave

I am seeing the same issue.  I've tried clearing the cache and clearing data on the Message+ application as well as the Contacts application.  I have photos synced from Facebook as well as from Google Contacts.  Some of my contacts (my wife being one of them) simply will NOT display a photo in the Message+ app.  Google Messenger and Google Hangouts display the photo fine.

When I click on the generated text avatar next to her messages it displays the contact photo for her as it should.  I have found that if I unlink her contact, the photo appears in Message+ but I would like the contacts linked.

Her facebook name also includes her maiden name so old friends can find her.  If I link her Google Contact to Facebook her name in Message+ appears one way and if I link the Facebook Contact to Google it appears the other way so i know some aspect of the linking is working within Message+.

As I stated before, I am NOT having this issue with other messaging applications and I am NOT having this issue with all my contacts.  At this point I cannot establish what the affected contacts have in common.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd love to see your device and the message + application running in top form. May I ask what version of the app you're currently running? Has this always been an issue with the application?

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BladManDave

I am using the latest version from the Play store which is 5.5.30.  This has been an issue since I started using the app a few months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BladManDave,

Thanks for the details. If the image appears when the contact is not linked then that may be the only way for the image to display in the application. I certainly understand wanting to keep them linked and be organized, so we definitely apologize for any inconvenience.

AdamG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Android_iOS

Verizon Customer Support,

I use the application on my PC/laptop, and the photos either don't populate at all, or only a few will. 
a)  where is the application pulling the photos from?

b)  Is there a settings function I'm missing that keeps them up-to-date?

Please help.

0 Likes
kcoggs1411

Is it safe to assume this still hasn't been corrected??  I have the LG G4 and it doesn't work for me either.  The only contact photos that show are ones I have loaded myself for contacts, but not all of my contacts synced with Facebook.  I am running version 6.0.2

0 Likes