Heathen360

can't locate contacts after my nephew had my phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing contacts
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

He deleted them?  Did you have them backed up to your gmail account or Verizon's Backup Assistant?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Heathen360!

Oh boy, I know losing your contacts can be quite defeating so I'm here to lift us out of this issue victoriously. And something that usually gets us out of situations like this one is utilizing Backup Assistant. Do you know if you had your contacts backed up with Backup Assistant? Also, which phone do you have? You may be able to access Backup Assistant via your device, enter the PIN, and have your contacts restored. Also, visit http://bit.ly/xB4iTc , hover over the large My Verizon at the top, and select "Backup My Contacts" to view saved contacts.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HoofprintHollow

HI...  When I left DC yesterday, all my contacts in my iPhone were there.....  When I landed in another city, turned on my phone - ALL of my contacts were GONE!  What can I do, I have no idea about backup assistant....  Help..... Please....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear HoofprintHollow,

Good afternoon. Oh my! Having your contacts deleted from your phone out of no where can be very concerning. I have not seen any known issues with the iPhone to do this. Let's research this further and get your contacts back on your phone.

Which model iPhone do you have? Did you notice your phone doing an update before you powered it down? I understand you do not have backup assistant downloaded. However, did you backup your contact to the iCloud? You may also try tapping on the phone icon, tap contacts, tap groups at the top and ensure Hide All Contacts is not enabled. If you still need further assistance. Please feel free to reach out to us! Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tanner2020

Hello Verizon community.....Once again, I tried to call a contact on my Verizon (Samsung Galaxy) phone, only to find the contact, phone number, etc, is not there.  I know for certain the contact is missing.  I checked My Cloud on the Verizon back-up cloud, and it is not there either.

What is going on?  I need to call this contact ASAP as it is related to my work.

Thanks for your help.

Tanner2020

0 Likes
tanner2020

I have the Incipio phone.....not sure which model....I have already looked in the cloud and it is not there....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, tanner2020. It concerns us to hear a contact is missing from your device. It is important your contacts remain on your phone, and we will make sure any issues are addressed. We have some questions to better assist. What model of the Samsung Galaxy device do you have? Have you contacted this number recently? If so, is this number on your recent calls or texting history?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
tanner2020

Nope.....I checked in my Contacts and the "hide all contacts" button was not checked.  (I could not locate it).....What next?

0 Likes
tanner2020

I have the Samsung Galaxy Incipio phone......I last contacted this individual within the last 60 days....but not so recently that it is in my recent call list....

0 Likes