Missing or not receiving some texts Droid 4
Ravenscaw

I am missing/not receiving some texts from some people, but only some of the time.  It isn't always the same person and I do get 99% of the texts - happens from both on and off network phones.

Fortunately I have understanding friends/family and I don't rely on the texts for life and death situations (though I have seen some posters with this problem who actually do - they work in E.R.'s or similar).  I have missed some personally important things, so this is just really annoying for me as I never had this problem before.  I just switched to the Droid 4 from an Ally (Droid 4 is really great... Ally not so much).  Since it happened with the switch, I would like to blame the phone but this issue seems to be affecting a bunch of people with different phones.  The only other consistent parameter in this problem seems to be Verizon.  The Ally was on android 2.2 and the Droid on 2.3 - could it be that?

Anyone figured out a fix for this?  I doubt pulling sim cards, batteries, restarts, new phones, etc. are going to help, but I will try some of those things (obviously not the battery).  Seems to be a network problem (but I admit that is only a guess).  Could be other apps, or maybe the other people with the problem and I are just unlucky and happen to have texts sent to us right when there is a momentary glitch in service/signal (right... )

Any help is greatly appreciated - especially if Verizon could give a fix or perhaps a place to see texts (certainly they don't just vanish into the void, the data is somewhere).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing or not receiving some texts Droid 4
Not applicable

Good Afternoon Ravenscaw,

I know it can be inconvenient to miss important messages. I would to ask you some probing questions and offer recommendations.

• Are you using the standard messaging app or is it a third party app? Is it happening in one specific area? Do you have any difficulties with calls to these numbers or is it strictly messaging? Is your software current? The latest version is: 6.13.215.XT894.Verizon.en.US.
  • http://bit.ly/GBKYK8
  • It is possible another app could be affecting the handset. If so, running the device in Safe Mode is a great way to determine if any third party apps are causing any issues.
  • http://bit.ly/yfUfOO

Please be aware if the problem persists; however, remains intermittent and fairly infrequent(1% of the time for example), our control may be limited.

I hope this information was helpful in resolving your concerns.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
droidfan65

I followed all the recommendations and still could get my text messages to ring so I played around with the VZMessage application and that was the trip.  I normally have my phone on silent and the VZMessage app was set to default ring because I never use it.  Once I change it off of default then both the normal text message and VZMessage both notified me when I received a text.

I wish I would have found this before uninstalling all the apps I had loaded......

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

There are a couple of SMS recovery apps in Google play.

0 Likes