Mobile Data
cavi01
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Stratosphere. Every time i need to send out a photo message I have to turn on my mobile data to send a photo message. When I use to have a Multimedia phone 3G I didn't have to this since it wasn't a smartphone. Now, I'm trying not to use my mobile data usage by using wifi but can't send photo message thru wifi. this is not good cause i'll have to be turning on my mobile data all the time to send a photo message and use up my data..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How much data do you think you will use in the less than two minutes to turn the data on, send the message and turn it off again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cavi01
Enthusiast - Level 3

depending the size of the picture, mostly in kilobytes but that adds up within a month with 5 lines on an account. Also when someone sends me a photo message, i would not know cause my mobile data is of while i'm using wifi and the photo message won't go through. so i would not know if someone sent me a photo message.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you would. It will display a new MMS message with a pending download.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

cavi01 wrote:

depending the size of the picture, mostly in kilobytes but that adds up within a month with 5 lines on an account. Also when someone sends me a photo message, i would not know cause my mobile data is of while i'm using wifi and the photo message won't go through. so i would not know if someone sent me a photo message.

The largest size a MMS can be is 1.2 MB. MMS does not use data. I means it does use data but not counted as such as far as I know.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You will know it came through, you will just have to turn on data to download it. I do this all the time (I leave data off at work for battery purposes).