Mobilefirst_cache showing up in storage any information on what this could be?
ebald009
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently this folder seems to show up everyday on my phone even when i delete it I have no idea what this is or what it does. Does anyone have any information on it? I really don't have any third party apps on phone that i Belive would be causing this. I recently saw that someone had this question about a year ago with no answers has anyone else seen this? Please anyone with any information help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobilefirst_cache showing up in storage any information on what this could be?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

After deleting the MobileFirst_cache folder in my Droid's internal storage, it reappeared after opening the My Verizon app.  It does NOT reappear when opening the Verizon Cloud, Messages+ nor the Verizon VoiceMail apps.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

Re: Mobilefirst_cache showing up in storage any information on what this could be?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

A search showed this Android Forum discussion https://androidforums.com/threads/new-folder-mobilefirst_cache-appearing-in-storage-why.1242445/ identifying Mobile First as an app developer.  Could be you have one of their apps.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

I have that same folder MobileFirst_cache in internal storage (>root>sdcard) on my Droid Turbo 2 with the latest file added 12/01/17.  Opening the files as text shows references to image png files from mobile.vzw.com websites. This cache could be the result of the Android system accessing websites.  Maybe a Verizon support person will chime in here.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

After deleting the MobileFirst_cache folder in my Droid's internal storage, it reappeared after opening the My Verizon app.  It does NOT reappear when opening the Verizon Cloud, Messages+ nor the Verizon VoiceMail apps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance on being able to find the mystery behind this, ebald009. You mentioned that this folder shows up every day. Where do you see this folder popping up every day? Jav6, seems to be on the right track. I couldn't find much in our resources on this, but when I did research this, My Verizon kept coming up. So, it must be some kind of file storage related to our bloat ware on the android base system. 

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ebald009
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you have a great point and I appreciate your feedback. All this time I thought it was some sort of virus or something I almost factory reset, but if you put in mobile.vzw.com in your browser ibm comes up. It seems to be a I'm program. Mobilefirst platform. Maybe because I'm always paranoid lol, but I could not find any info on this at all. So I think we have been able to figure out what this is. No one seems to have ever been Interested on what it was.

ebald009
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is it that all previous replays have been deleted by everyone?

tademaria45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same thing going on and all I want to know is can I delete it from my misc folder in storage?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While we are unable to pinpoint the actual source of MobileFirst, you can certainly clear the cache on your apps. We have had some other Android users report that the deleted folder returns after the My Verizon app is used. May I ask why you want to delete the folder? What exactly are you trying to do? 

GinaU_VZW

Terrria
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • I have been try my whole life (Lol) to get rid of a file that doesn't know when to die. Google Play's clean up files you don't use. Is great. Yet IDK what I'm doing at age 67 so I delete it and continue to do so.  I look up Mobile First and it appears to be connected to the  Verizon App. Mobile first is a SERVER.  I opened the file in a separate window.  Looks like programing stuff to me.  As I read I saw Verizon's name and Mobil First a lot.  No wonder either Verizon has a server with Mobile First programing in it's server or something.  If so it's taking up 359 B's (what ever that is) of 16 GBs of storage  that I have for my phone.  I suspect that's away for us to buy a new phone or buy more storage.  Well at $979 a month I  get from SS. I CANT AFFORD EITHER.  I really need the deal they have for seniors here on Billings,MT unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data.  Then I can afford a phone that I desperately need because this Moto 6 is a piece of trash now.  So Mr Verizon Guy, can you tell me why a person would deny me the same deal 2 of my older friends got with no problem? Yet try to get me to pay extra insurance and a watch. So I could pay $70 for all the same stuff they got.  Oh but I only have one line. Sad 😞  Very :(.  Hard sell you have out of your billions Verizon is worth.

And how the hidden file pops up is because it stashes itself away every time you open the Verizon App.  

Oh wait that's not the answer we all are looking for ... Or is it...

0 Likes