Moto 5G Plus XT1687 - Will not connect to Verizon 4G LTE
rodentkj

So I am at the end of my rope with this phone.

The problem - unable to get 4g LTE service.

I can make calls, send/receive text and MMS messages w/o issue.

Old Phone - Moto X Pure XT1575 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted / Custom Rom

New phone - Moto G5 Plus XT1687 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted / Custom Rom

Removed the working sim from the Moto X Pure, put it in to the Moto G5 plus and it will only connect at 3G speeds.

Have tried numerious roms, no difference.

Contaced VZW support. They checked my account, did some type of network resets, rebooted the phone a few times, still only 3G.

Put the sim back in to the Moto X Pure, it connects right up to 4g LTE service with support for Enhanced 4G LTE mode.

Both phones use the APN VZWINTERNET

Tried differnt combos of the Preferred Network Type and System Select. No joy.

Completely reset the phone several times. No help.

Confirmed the LTE bands that are used in my area (2 & 4) are supported by the Moto 5g Plus.

Also confirmed those bands are indeed in my area via the LTE Disovery app with the Moto X Pure.

Short of running to the VZW store and likely getting the run around, I don't know what else to try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto 5G Plus XT1687 - Will not connect to Verizon 4G LTE
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any LTE band 13 in your area? Does that phone support band 13?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Moto 5G Plus XT1687 - Will not connect to Verizon 4G LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not getting 4G LTE service is understandably upsetting, rodentkj. While a rooted device can run into this type of issue, we want to help in any way we can. Have you tried restoring the device software back to factory? As we don't carry this model device, the manufacturer may be able to help. Here's a link to their help page for your model phone: http://spr.ly/65878IDK9

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes