Moto G4 Play (XT1609) says Network Locked when using different carrier's sim card
durtman

I've had the phone, Moto G4 Play, and used it on my post-pay Verizon account since August 2017.  It has no outstanding balance, I'm the original owner so it hasn't been reported lost or stolen.  I've recently cancelled my post paid account with VZW, but as I say there is no outstanding balance.

I've contacted support through both online chat and the 800 number and have been unable to resolve the problem.  Both have told me that my phone isn't carrier locked.  Upon starting up my phone with a previously activated CDMA sim card from PagePlus, in the top left corner it says "Network Locked-Searching for Service."  On the main screen there is a prompt that says "Change Carrier" followed by a textboxt where I can only enter numbers, followed by buttons labeled "Not Now" and "Submit." 

My question is, how do I get the PIN or number to unlock the phone or is this phone unable to be used by any other networks?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto G4 Play (XT1609) says Network Locked when using different carrier's sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly understand your concern about not being able to use the Moto G4 PLay with an international carrier durtman. We always want to make sure we are providing you with the details that you need with your devices and services. In this case, all of our 4G devices are indeed unlocked and can be used with all carriers including international carriers. Here https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy is some information regarding our device unlocking policy that you can view. If you are having issues getting the device connected we recommend that you reach out to your local carrier or Motorola at 800-734-5870 for additional assistance with this matter. We do hope this information helps.

Candice_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Moto G4 Play (XT1609) says Network Locked when using different carrier's sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you have the best device experience. I can confirm we do not lock our 4G LTE devices after they have been active on our network. I apologize as we are unable to guarantee the activation of the device on another carriers network. 

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes