Moto Maker - Checkout with Edge?
ewillky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I doesn't seem to be currently possible to checkout from the Moto Maker site using a Verizon Edge upgrade.  Will this be possible in the future?  Is there anyway currently to order a customized Verizon Moto X phone on an Edge contract, or are we stuck with just the stock choices Verizon offers in their store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Maker - Checkout with Edge?
ewillky
Enthusiast - Level 2

You cannot check out through your website for a Moto Maker customized phone.  Through the verizonwireless store, you only have 2 choices of pre-fab phones.  Moto Maker does support buying a customized phone through Verizon, but only if you pay full price or do a 2-year contract upgrade, the Edge option does not exist.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered using the Motorola financing option to purchase at full price and yet spread the payments out over a few months?

Or buy outright at the full retail price?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ewillky Great question! We want you to have the device of your choice with Edge. Are you checking out on our website? (My Verzion or www.verizonwireless.com)

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

ewillky Great question! We want you to have the device of your choice with Edge. Are you checking out on our website? (My Verzion or www.verizonwireless.com)

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

You can't do Moto Maker on this website

0 Likes
ewillky
Enthusiast - Level 2

You cannot check out through your website for a Moto Maker customized phone.  Through the verizonwireless store, you only have 2 choices of pre-fab phones.  Moto Maker does support buying a customized phone through Verizon, but only if you pay full price or do a 2-year contract upgrade, the Edge option does not exist.

0 Likes
ZEROICE
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can have a 32gb Moto  x.  Just set it up thru cust service.  Buy it online.  Sign agreement.  Verizon will send confirmation to motorola..  They will send you a redemption pin..  Takes 24 hours for Motorola to send you this pin..  Take pin and finish your customization thru motorola.  Just patiently waiting on my pin..

B33
Legend

Found the Link it does show a 32GB option seen the phone at our local store Looks nice bigger, I mentioned somethings on it in a post on the Forum, found out they had plenty in stock when I visited as they only sold one unit more might be sold today though..

0 Likes
ewillky
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33, the issue for many is not that they can't find a 32 GB phone via the Moto Maker site, but that there is no checkout option that allows you to utilize an Edge upgrade.  I've heard reports of many ordering through Verizon customer service, but never getting a PIN from Motorola to use on the Moto Maker site.  Not worth the hassle, not sure why they can't just add Edge as a checkout option on the Motorola site.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It maybe just a small fluke in the system, hopefully..  with the weekend on it may be Monday before as I mentioned it gets fixed if there is one..

0 Likes
ZEROICE
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I stated previously im getting a pin from motorola. Hopefully they will fix the motorola site... 32GB with options im still deciding on once i get the pin monday.  Alot of Verizon cust service are not familiar on how motomaker really works,  neither are most of the public too.  Most think you have to buy it or get forced in a 2 year agreement option...  NOT

0 Likes