Moto X 2014; Not charging or turning on?
rebekah172

I have a Moto X 2014. I got it in April this year, so its around 2 months old. It has never been dropped or exposed to water or harsh heat.

Today, I went to the park. I took some pictures and such there and my battery died while I was there. I put it in my purse and went on with my time at the park and decided to charge at home.

I go home roughly one hour later, plug it in with my Turbo Power charger I got days ago and had been using since. There's no charging screen. I think "okay it just needs to power up a little".

I let it charge for about 30 minutes and still no charging screen. So I think maybe the charger is bad and test it on my previous phone a Moto G. It works and seemingly is fine. I also test another USB cable I use to charge the Moto G (which I use for casual gaming) and it doesn't work on my Moto X either. So the cable/brick/charging is not bad.

So I get worried and google for this issue.

I've tried:

1. Holding power button 2 minutes

2. Holding volume down and power button

3. Holding volume up and power button

None of which worked.

The phone has been on the Turbo Power charger roughly 4 hours (According to my tests it takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes to charge to 100% from around 1-5% - hey I only did this once, I wanted to see what the charger was capable of!). So it should have turned on by now?

Side note: When I got my device from Verizon I noticed the Verizon logo was faded and peeling. At the time I decided not to worry as I felt it would be nit picky to worry about the silly logo given the rest of the phone was perfect. They were supposed to give me a brand new device, not a certified pre-owned. Could they have given me a faulty device or is this a common and solvable issue?

Any help would be fantastic.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto X 2014; Not charging or turning on?
SheShell

I Have the exact same problem, and I've tried all the steps you mention.   I think there is a problem with the connector in the phone.   Back to the store, I guess.

0 Likes
Re: Moto X 2014; Not charging or turning on?
kamarx

Exact same problem with Motorola Droid Mini...why does Verizon stock ppl with crappy giltchy phones. As the cost is not low.

0 Likes