MotoG Play not Verizon compatible?
vinagaroon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bought a new MotoG Play online from Motorola, Specs say "unlocked" Verizon compatible, supports VoLTE, whatever that is. Went to Verizon store to have it turned on and the guy says it is NOT Verizon compatible, I called Motorola and they said YES it IS compatible. Who's right?

Re: MotoG Play not Verizon compatible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to look into your device compatibility! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. 

0 Likes
vinagaroon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have since had my phone turned on at the local Verizon store, Verizon sent me a SIM card that worked. The only issue I have now is that I get no notification when I have a voice mail and a visit to the Verizon store and long calls to Verizon tech support have not fixed the issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vinagaroon We want to make sure you know when to check your voicemail. Is it possible you have basic voicemail or enhanced?

0 Likes
vinagaroon
Enthusiast - Level 2

What difference does it make both should notify when I have a voice mail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure we're on the same page. The questions we ask help us determine the root cause of your concern. We definitely want to make sure we resolve any and all concerns as quickly as possible. Do you use Visual Voicemail, or do you call *86 to check your messages?

0 Likes
vinagaroon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since My complaint is that I don't get any voice mail notifications I obviously don't USE visual voice mail, I have to occaisionally call voice mail to check if I have any.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize, Vinagaroon. The reason for our previous question is to pinpoint the type of voicemail notifications you're having trouble receiving. To gain clarity, was this device activated as a new line of service, or to replace a device already activated on the network? When looking at your device apps, do you have a voicemail app on your phone? 

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
vinagaroon
Enthusiast - Level 2

No apology needed, thanks for trying to help. I switched from an old HTZ phone, the buttons were acting up. I had the same plan I have now, the prepay. I never noticed if I had a voicemail app on that phone but I always got a beep and a written notice that I had a voice mail. I had the Verizon store do the switch to this new phone. Everything else seems to work just fine, got all my contacts etc. Just no voice mail, and no there is no voice mail app that I see.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vinagaroon If you like, you can always look for an app in the app store.

0 Likes