Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX - Chrome won't connect even though data plan enabled?
nh13850
Enthusiast - Level 2

I temporarily disabled the data plan, but after re-enabling it, Chrome will no longer connect to anything, saying there is no network connection.  I tried resetting everything I could find, everything says I'm connected, but Chrome still won't - probably something silly, but help?  I'm an old long-time techie, but I'm finding this UI rather inscrutable...

- Bill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX - Chrome won't connect even though data plan enabled?
nh13850
Enthusiast - Level 2

So of course, while I was typing that, it finally did reconnect (after 2 weeks).  No clue what I did or didn't do to resolve the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX - Chrome won't connect even though data plan enabled?
nh13850
Enthusiast - Level 2

So of course, while I was typing that, it finally did reconnect (after 2 weeks).  No clue what I did or didn't do to resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nh13850,

I can imagine how upsetting this was for you. Being able to fully use your phone is definitely a must! I'm glad it's working now and you are able to connect to the internet using Chrome.

I'm not sure why this happened. It may have been just a temporary hiccup. In the future you can try removing the sim card http://vz.to/1yjR0Hc for a minute. This will refresh the connection and help.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nh13850
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe the last thing I did before it (eventually) started working again was to clear the Chrome cache and force the application closed - if this happens again, can you offer advice as to which of those 2 steps may have actually done the trick?  It was like Chrome just never refreshed to see if the connection was back.  And yes, I had completely powered off the phone, even installed a new level of Android, in between - didn't help. 

It'd be nice to know what steps are actually required to make Chrome reconnect.

0 Likes