Motorola Droid Razr M stops a red eye during boot
TSJones00

Was updating apps and the phone restarted on it's own. ever since it stops at red eye screen during boot. Tried factory reset - doesn't help - same behavior. I can get to the boot menu but none of the options offer anything useful. Verizon support guys - Any ideas?

based on other posts, it looks like I may need to try a reflash of the phone. Does Verizon support officially offer any suggestions for that process? is there a legit source for the flash roms? what utility is suggested we use for this? There is no 'official' Verizon store in or near my town.

-Trevor Jones

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Razr M stops a red eye during boot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I regret to hear of the issues with your device! I understand the need of a reliable device and I want to make sure that yours works as it should. It seems like you completed your fair share of troubleshooting. I need additional information so that I can better assist. I will send you a private message so that I can assist!

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
TOMMYGEAR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Support - I have the exact same issue.  What is the work-around?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TOMMYGEAR,

You've come to the right place for help! Let's get your phone back up and running. Has there been any damage to the phone? Did it get stuck on that screen when accessing a certain app or function on the phone? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Try rebooting the phone by pressing and holding the Volume down button and simultaneously pressing and holding the Power button until the device powers off (approximately ten seconds), then release. Once complete try turning the phone back on and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mscole92

I tried doing that, but it still sticks on the red & white Motorola symbol. I just want my phone back.

0 Likes
mangeruca

And you won't get it back. If doing a factory reset didn't solve it then support can't help you. I just had to replace my M because the only option Moto gives you is replacement for $149 if it's out of warranty, for a 14 dollar phone? BS. Moto has known about this problem since 2013 so I'm guessing there is no fix. Google RAZR M continuous boot loop and you'll find info and the options to try and get it to work. Mine stayed in boot loop. No one seemed to be able to tell me why. The Maxx has the same problem. I got a Turbo/ballistic nylon, not that impressed with it either. I don't think it was the app install, mine started rebooting itself for about two weeks, randomly, before it went into continuous boot loop.

0 Likes