Motorola Droid Turbo
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello - I have a Motorola Droid Turbo.  I have a friend who is on PCS.  The only way we can send a text is that I have to send an attachment (MMS text) in order for them to receive my text messages.  It doesn't go through on a regular sms text. They have other friends who are on Verizon and it works just fine with them, just not with my phone.  Is there something on my phone that's preventing a regular sms text to go through?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep the SMS rolling to the people that matter most to you, Karen. What "Messaging" app are you using on the device? Have you tested another? Is the number being entered as 10 digits with area code?
YaleKK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

PCS is the only carrier I have issues sending text messages too.  I have tried the 10 digit and just the phone number sms texting but the receiving party does not receive it.  They can only receive mms texting from me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the steps to test the number, Karen. What is the name of the app that is being used to send your messages?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've used the Verizon app and the other text app that's on this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deltabreeze

I appreciate the details you have provided. Does this happen to anyone else you text on this carrier? Did this happen since you started using the Droid Turbo? What was your previous device? What phone does your friend have?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes