Motorola Edge Plus Display Issues
mrscudder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased the Motorola Edge Plus in July, 2020. After using the phone for approximately 5 hours yesterday, a dark shadow of greyish-black spots appeared along the left side of the display. Most of these spots disappeared after the device cooled down, but a small area of lighter shadow remains.  Is there a fix for this? 

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Edge Plus Display Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrescudder, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your phone. I know how important it is to you. No worries, help is here. Just to clarify, did you use the phone for 5 hours non-stop?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Sugarfre
  • I've had the Edge + for about 3 weeks now, and about two weeks in there is now either a purple or greenish-grey shadow that shows up on the screen almost as an overlay to the main image. Some times is is not too noticeable, and other times in the last 3 days it has made the phone unusable for several minutes. What route do I have to go for a fix?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that your device works. When the shadows were on the screen, was the device noticeably hot to the touch? Did restarting it make any difference?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
RebWid

Restarting doesn't resolve the issue all the way. The phone is warm but not hot after about 15 minutes of use my phone starts to have a green tint and purple spots that just get worse over time.

0 Likes
kevin_hackler

I've had the same issues within a few weeks of having the phone. Verizon has been zero help and have said there is no warranty, which is a lie (there is a one year warranty on phones they sell). A couple of reps actually told me to file a fraudulent insurance claim on an undamaged phone! Verizon customer and product service has been in a steady decline for a number of years. My best advice would be consider another carrier as soon as you can.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you have a properly functioning device, screen and all! We are happy to help you here to get that resolved. Are you still experiencing issues with your screen?

0 Likes
Bcpeterson7

I have the same issue with my phone and it is very difficult to use,sometimes impossible as the coloring spreads and darkens over time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Motorola devices do have a manual light control and they dim when not in use. Try taking a look at your options and if you're still having issues with the darkening, please Private Message us for live agent support. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
mussentuchit

what does the length of time  the device gets used for have anything to do with a poor design? that is the most ridiculous question i have ever heard. motorola, rather lenovo, is aware of the issue and is choosing to do NOTHING about it. meanwhile verizon only see's dollars and payments and continues to sell a KNOWN defective device.

my device is doing the same thing as of today. i will be doing a warranty claim soon. and it will not be another lenovo device.

0 Likes