Motorola Razr M - Airplane Mode Issue
Reddogblues

My business requires me to go into bldgs without cell reception.  With this Razr, after 15 minutes without reception, it tuns on Airplane mode.  I don't get vmail or know if I missed calls.  My Verizon store did not have a solution.  I checked apps in the Play store and most seem to only turn airplane mode on ata certain times.  I want to disable it altogether.

Anyone have a soluton.  I don't want to wait until my contract is over to find a different phone.  p.s.  Does anyone know of another Smartphone that doesn't auto turnon Airplane mode?

Thanks,

Wayne

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Razr M - Airplane Mode Issue
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked to ensure that you don't have a Smart Action activated that tells the phone to go into airplane mode after a certain period of time without reception?

0 Likes
Reddogblues

I wish! The Motorola Razr manual documents this 'feature.'

Thanks, Wayne

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a documented 'feature'?  Geeze.  I've never heard of a phone doing that automatically.

0 Likes
Reddogblues

This is where I found the documentation....

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38323/~/droid---airplane-mode

<https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38323/%7E/droid---airplane-mode>

Wayne

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

interesting ... and frustrating

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I think you can disable airplane mode using smart actions. set to start at midnight, off at 11:59pm, turn off airplane mode.

Try it, I am just guessing. Be warned though, your will use alot of battery constantly searching for network.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I'm confused.  Do you want the airplane mode to be on while you are in the buildings where you can't have cell reception?  Can't you hold the power power for a few seconds to get the power off dialog which should have the option of putting the phone in airplane mode?

You can also look for an "Airplane Mode" widget from the Play Store is there isn't one built-in.  Then you can toggle Airplane mode from your homescreen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
easternma
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW, never knew that and luckily have not encountered that yet.

0 Likes
Reddogblues

The opposite.  When I go into a bldg, after 15 minutes, it auto goes to airplane mode.  I have to constantly remember to turn it off when I leave the bldg.  (and I have several bldg that causes the issued that I've moving into and out of all day.  If I forget, I've missed hours worth of calls. 

0 Likes