Move apps to SD???!
knownote
Enthusiast - Level 2

android tablet VK810 4G tablet.  It will not let me move ANY data or apps to the SD card I just bought. Option to “move app to SD is grayed out on all apps. And i can also not access the SD through “storage” in settings. If I can’t move anything to SD then this tablet is useless.

Labels (1)
Re: Move apps to SD???!
bearone21
Legend

less than 14 days you can take it back!!

0 Likes
knownote
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, no longer able to return. Looking for a workaround or solution.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The device supports a micro SD card up to 64 GB; is the installed card a higher capacity card?  Have you tried using the SD card in your computer or another device to ensure it's working correctly?

0 Likes
knownote
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s working properly. Says it’s mounted correctly in settings. But it appears the tablet is designed as a “throwaway” when you run out of internal space. Wondering why they even included an SD slot. So far no answers on the net that work.

deloused
Master - Level 3

You can use the SD card in your tablet to store files, like documents, music, photos & videos

knownote
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried. The only way to even attempt is to plug in to a computer and try to manually drag files to the SD, but thats not worked either. Wish I could post some screenshots

boringusername
Master - Level 1

That is an old tablet. LG website says it only has kit kat. I believe kit kat disabled the "move to SD card" option. So really you should blame Google.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If there's no content on the SD card, I would try formatting it in the device. Then see if you can move content. Remember, you can never move an app and all it's data completely to an SD card. Part of it must remain in main memory.

Regardless, you should be able to move other content to the SD Card.

Good luck.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

stef7 wrote:

If there's no content on the SD card, I would try formatting it in the device. Then see if you can move content. Remember, you can never move an app and all it's data completely to an SD card. Part of it must remain in main memory.

Regardless, you should be able to move other content to the SD Card.

Good luck.

Sorry but as I said it's an issue with the OS.

0 Likes