Moving apps from internal memory to SD card on the Samsung Stellar.
zbad2000

LOTS of problems here. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/803417 I already read that string and I am having the same problems i.e no option to move apps to SD card in the application manager...any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving apps from internal memory to SD card on the Samsung Stellar.
Jordanwz

Maybe try downloading a file manager app? If storage permits?

0 Likes
zbad2000

Would a file manager app help? Im not sure I know what you mean.I have Clean Master, if thats what you mean. It clears a little bit of space, but not much. Clean Master actually recognizes that I have 10 GB (original 2 plus external 😎 but I cant move apps there. However, I can have my pictures sent to the external SD care. Right now, I download an app I have to delete another. On the samsung site and every other screenshot Ive seen, there is a "move to SD card" button for each app in the Application Manager menu, but not for mine.

0 Likes
Jordanwz

I was thinking of a 3rd party file manager through the playstore. Sometimes they allow you to move pics etc. From phone to sd card if factory file manager won't. Also check to see if you qualify for the edge program to get a phone with more storage.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which version of the OS is your phone running? Depending on the OS version, Samsung had to release a system update to allow you to move applications to the SD card provided the application supports it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
zbad2000

O really? That I did not know. I am running Android version 4.1.2. Where would I get that update....here on the Verizon site?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The docs describing such an update will be on the Verizon Wireless website, but if Samsung hasn't released it, you won't have the option. To check for an update, go to Settings > About Phone > Check for updates. The normal Android OS from Google at version 4.1.2 doesn't allow applications to be installed on the SD card. Samsung had to modify it on the Galaxy S4 and other phones to allow the option again since Google removed the option in Android 4.0 and higher. Since the Galaxy Stellar is a low end device, it is doubtful Samsung spent the time and money to update their lower end devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes