My Droid Pro Touch Screen is Ignoring Me
Ranjon1

Does anyone else have trouble enticing your apps, etc., to respond by touch?  Most of mine  do but a number of them (the "go back" arrow in particular) takes so many taps to respond that I'm ready to take a hammer to it, just to get its attention. 

My sister has a DROID and she said if anything it's too sensitive.

Is this a problem with some Droid Pro devices?  I've only had the device for 24 hours and this is driving me nuts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Pro Touch Screen is Ignoring Me
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Upon review of the Droid Pro, I am not finding any information in reference to a known issue with the touchscreen. Here are some basic troubleshooting steps available to resolve device issues:

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Touch OK.
Press the Power key to power on the device
Note: If device is non-responsive have user remove and reinstall battery and power on device.

If the soft reset does not resolve your issues with the touchscreen, you can use the following steps to complete a factory reset:

Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

Factory Reset option 2  - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. On keyboard press and hold the following keys: R + M
  3. Tap Power on 
  4. You should now see an "!" in a triangle with Android guy
  5. Press "@" key  
  6. This will unhide the menu and show the following options
    1. Reboot system Now
    2. Apply sdcard:update.zip
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
  7. Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and then use the Enter key to select "wipe data/factory reset"
  8. Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to  "Yes delete all user data" and then use enter key to select "Yes - delete all user data"
  9. Wait for operation to complete (maybe 1-5 minutes)"
0 Likes