My Droid Razr M home screen keeps crashing after the update. Can it be reversed?
blakemama

My Droid RAZR M is now a paperweight.  The home screen keeps crashing.  I'm forced to access anything by sliding down the main screen and going to the new settings area, which I discovered.  I tried forcing the app to stop, but that didn't do anything.  I cleared the cache, disabled it - nothing.  I HATE THIS!  I want to make it go away.  Is there anything short of resetting the phone that can UN-update the update?

Oh, and also, now my texts are Google talk - ugh.  double ugh.

Frustrated here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid Razr M home screen keeps crashing after the update.  I can't access anything.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy, blakemama! An update is meant to enhance your phone. There is no way to go back to the previous version. Thanks for what you have done so far. Can you place the Razr M in Safe Mode to see if it still crashes? http://vz.to/15u52pz

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Razr M home screen keeps crashing after the update. Can it be reversed?
ac7ss

Not even factory reset will roll back the update. My issue was a loss of the ability to connect to WiFi anytime after about 20 minutes after reboot.
The only thing I can suggest is to call tech support and let them walk you through a couple of routines and then they can send out a replacement phone. (It's what I had to do.) My issue is that the replacement is running 4.1.2 and now  my FitBit won't work with it. I wish I did not upgrade from 4.2. (Maybe another release?)

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Razr M home screen keeps crashing after the update.  I can't access anything.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy, blakemama! An update is meant to enhance your phone. There is no way to go back to the previous version. Thanks for what you have done so far. Can you place the Razr M in Safe Mode to see if it still crashes? http://vz.to/15u52pz

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes