My Droid Ultra is no longer connecting to WiFi anywhere (not my home router, not free public WiFi, NOTHING)! This problem just started 2 days ago. Thoughts?
DroidUltraOwner

My Droid Ultra is no longer connecting to WIFI anywhere (not my home router, not free public WiFi, NOWHERE)!  This problem just started 2 days ago (my phone is 2 years old and out of contract).  I've tried WPS push button reset, adding my home router directly, and scanning over and over again, yet nothing works.   Has this happened to anyone else?  If so, were you able to fix it and how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Ultra is no longer connecting to WiFi anywhere (not my home router, not free public WiFi, NOTHING)! This problem just started 2 days ago. Thoughts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there DroidUltraOwner.

Connecting to Wifi is essential, and I definitely want to make sure that we get this up and running for you. Do you get any errors when trying to connect? What happens exactly? When it started, what changes were made to the device? New apps, updates, anything like that.
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Ultra is no longer connecting to WiFi anywhere (not my home router, not free public WiFi, NOTHING)! This problem just started 2 days ago. Thoughts?
DroidUltraOwner

Hi, Leo.  I didn't make any changes or app updates to the phone at all. It just suddenly stopped connecting to WiFi. The list of available networks keeps appearing and then disappearing. When I try to do a WPS Push Button reset, I get the message "WPS failed. Please try again in a few minutes" (see attached screenshot).

I'm hoping that a factory reset won't be necessary, but I have a sinking suspicion that it will.

Thanks for your help.

Alice Harvey

0 Likes
RogueScholar
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's definitely not just you, because I have the DROID MAXX and I've been dealing with the exact same behavior for two days as well. The WiFi panel in Settings is a ghostyard, and seldom even obeys the On/Off toggle. On the rare event a network does show up for a couple seconds, I'll tap on it and select Connect, and it just disappears. Most maddening damned experience I've ever had with an Android phone, as it feels like a firmware issue, but I can't find a single thing to point to, and I don't want to Factory Reset if for no other reason than the 30+ 2FA profiles I have in the Duo Mobile app that can't be backed up. 😮

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't have the DROID Maxx, I haven't had any issues with the wifi on/off switch on Motorola phones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DroidUltraOwner

Alice thanks for trying those steps and for keeping us posted. Let’s take a closer look.

Have you tried removing http://vz.to/1S91Czj and re-adding the Wi-Fi connections http://vz.to/1o96SuB?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s dive a little deeper and find out more about the currernt issues, RogueScholar! Are you noticing any other issues with the device besides the WiFi issues? Have there been any recent updates or available updates showing on the device such as software? Have you completed any other trouble-shooting steps and if so, can you advise? Looking forward to hearing back and further assisting.

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DroidUltraOwner

Chris, this is NOT RogueScholar! I am DroidUltraOwner and I am the one who originally requested assistance with this issue. LeoL was supposed to be prioritizing this problem for me DAYS AGO and I already told him that NO updates or other changes had been made to my phone before the WiFi just abruptly stopped working. I visited a Verizon store yesterday and the salesperson reset my phone but it is STILL not working. Coincidentally, my 2-year contract with Verizon just ended this month, so I will be looking for another service provider with BETTER customer service!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DroidUltraOwner, data usage is such a prized possession which is why a lot of us rely on Wi-Fi to ensure we don’t go over on the data usage. The last thing we to see happen is for you to leave us. We truly enjoy your business and loyalty to our company. Let’s work together on this to get it fixed. I know you have been dealing with this for a while now so I want to respect your time. What troubleshooting has been done to the device specifically? Factory Data reset? Have you tried safe mode to see if it is a 3rd party application that could be causing this? Click here for safe mode. http://spr.ly/6586B9r5g

Please keep us posted on the outcome and information requested as we are here for help.

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
DroidUltraOwner

Hi, Natasha. Safe Mode did not help. As I PREVIOUSLY mentioned to your colleagues, I have tried a WPS Push Button reset and I also sought assistance from a salesperson at one of your stores. NOTHING is helping. To add insult to injury, I am being bounced from one customer service rep to another (LeoL, ChrisM and now you, NatashaA). And you keep asking me the same damn questions that I previously answered for your colleagues! GOOD BYE, VERIZON WIRELESS!

0 Likes