Re: My LG G2 will not send picture messages.
Phat1cat
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a problem with the kit kat update and there will be an update out in Sept. but it is rediculous for Verizon to expect everyone to wait until then. Find your regional verizon president Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless and send emails to them and let them know what is going on. That is your only chance, trust me I've been at this diligently for a while.

totalkimbo82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going to do that. It makes no sense to wait over a month for a fix.

0 Likes
RobM_

Has a fix been found for this yet???? my phone is doing the same thing.

0 Likes
RobM_

Hello? I just got this phone, if it's broke can I upgrade to the G3? I started a contract with verizon.

0 Likes
michael1148
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now my understanding from Verizon that LG has agreed there is a problem within the G2 phone with some part of the software or operating system that causes the picture messages to fail to be send or be received.  They are working on a fix which is "supposed" to be included within their next update for the G2's which is scheduled for September.  Also some G2's can be power cycled and the picture messaging seems to work, although this is not my experience.  So, I guess we wait till Sept.

totalkimbo82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Crazy thing. My MMS stops working when I restart my phone. I will do a reset on the phone to get pic messaging to start work and once I restart my phone for any unrelated reason the MMS will stop b working and I get that dreaded icon.

0 Likes
Phat1cat
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to contact verizon wireless leadership (Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless) tell them what is going on and that you know there is a documented problem with Lg g2 and messaging, and you need it rectified now you cant wait for the patch that might come out in sept.

0 Likes
crimsonduex
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG says they know about the issue and they're programming a fix. It's the phone, does that on all carriers. Everyone thank the 4.4 update.

btcross26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my MMS working after reading this thread and doing some searching.  I noticed in addition to not sending/receiving MMS messages on my LG G2 (never was able to since getting the phone in early June), my updates in Google Play were ridiculously slow, and furthermore that everything being updated was being scanned by Verizon Support and Protect.  So the first thing I tried was changing the settings in Verizon Support and Protect to stop scanning my app updates.  Even telling it not to scan updates, it continued to do so.  I noticed also in the Verizon Support and Protect settings there was something for text/MMS messages, so I assume based on the app update experience that even if this setting was unchecked, it was still doing something to text messages.  Well, sure enough after disabling Verizon Support and Protect and restarting, not only do my MMS messages work, but my updates are blazing fast.

I suspect this was the issue, but I must admit there were a few other things I tried at the same time based on other search suggestions.  So I cannot guarantee 100% Verizon Support and Protect was the issue.  The few other things I did around the same time were:

1. Cleared all data/cache from Google Chrome (mine was around 80 MB at the time) and stopped using it altogether.

2. Installed Textra as per advice from this thread.  Sent and received pix messages successfully with Textra.  Uninstalled Textra and used the stock app successfully to send and receive pix messages.

3. Prior to any of this, I had already disabled Google+.

Like I said, I suspect it was Verizon Support and Protect for the initial reasons discussed, but can't guarantee these two steps had nothing to do with it.

totalkimbo82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You for the tips!! I  disabled VZ Security and Google+ then restarted my phone and pictures that I had sent prior to MMS malfunctioning have showed up again. I tried attaching a new pic and was able to have it load in its original size.

I did not try the Textra app you mentioned. I had avoided any updates from Google+ after my last factory reset so there wasn't much to disable.

Its weird because after my last factory reset the problem definitely started again after doing a simple power cycle on my phone. I still think there is some type of perfect mix that's creating this problem. You definitely scaled it down to what it could be. Thank You.