Re: My Razr has "loss of data connection" problem -- really disappointed
joemn
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is how Verizon's marketing model is working for me;  Buy an expensive 4 g device for myself and my wife,  both devices have data connectivity issues; ie. no data connection in an area with strong 4 g reception.  The issue is reported in all the tech press, Verizon's answer is do a factory reset or send me refurbished telphones neither of which do anything to alleviate the problem. 

Google is selling new top of the line andriod gsm phones for $300.  If the problems I am having persist, I can buy a new phone for $650 from Verizon or just continue paying $140 per month for service I am not receiving. 

And like whipped cream on top of a pile of dog **** they tell me that I no longer can maintain the unlimited data plan (which I'm not using much of anyway because it doesn't work) and I should transfer to a shared data plan that will cost another $20 per month minimum at the end of a two year contract  owning a phone that only connects intermittently;   Buy a new phone they say they are subsidizing but at a price their competitors sell a phone and make a profit.

Then for the cherry on top.  Verizon is lobbying heavily to restrict the freedom of the net through their network, therefore generating more revenue from ad sales and restricting the freedom of me, their customer.

Why would I, or anyone else,  subject themselves to such utter contempt from a company with whom I spend a LOT of money with. 

The clear answer is lack of competition brought about by government controlling and dishing out bandwidth as they choose. This allows Verizon to control the quality and price of the telephones they sell, the price of the bandwidth they sell, and, if they are successful in changing the law with regard to Internet freedom from control,  they will control the content I may receive over their network.  And my money is working against my own interest of maintaining a free marketplace. 

So bring on the next new gadget and I'll get in line to hand them my money which pays to destroy my freedom and is foolishness and paying for air.  What a fool I am.  The new 5 g stupiddroid or idope will be out in three months, send your money now so you can be sure to get one ahead of everyone else.

RazrM_BAD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon are a bunch of shady scoundrels.  It is really horrible what you are going through.  I supported Verizon until my Razr M upgrade.  A supposedly superstar 4G phone that isn't 'smart' one bit.  And now we are both stuck, because the early deactivation fee is $350+.  Dishonest swindlers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you!

I definitely want you to be super happy with your Droid Razr M and I will be delighted to attempt to fix your difficulties!

What exactly is happening with your phone? Please provide some details so we can figure this out together!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
disney7822

I have been having this "no data connection" for days. I finally figured it out. GO to " System Settings", under wireless and networks press " more..." then " Mobile Networks", then check "data Enabled".

Now I have no problem connecting to anything.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
MurrayBowles

I just got a RAZR M yesterday, and I've experienced loss of data problems both at home (95126) and at work (95054). I assumed that the device would seamlessly revert from 4G to 3G but I guess that's not so. Data connectivity is lost for a minute or two (and the 4G disappears from the status bar) then resumes. Not very good for the 21st century! In my case I assume it's not a question of needing a new SIM since it's a new phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

See if the Motorola Restore Connectivity App is in the Play Store on your Phone if it Not you can get it this Way

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&feature=sear...

0 Likes
MurrayBowles

Thanks, but nope: "this app is incompatible with all of your devices". (and what a crazy way to make a fix!)

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well it Works i'v used it more than once on my Maxx's and it's saved my butt when i needed the Speed)  Sorry that it is not Compatible With the M i will contact Motorola on this issue because it should be a App that can be Used with it) For Now the only other suggestion is Do Soft Reset. Try that see if that Works..  b33

0 Likes
Hinsvark

I find it a little humorous that it is almost a year from the start of the thread before someone from customer service says anything.

0 Likes
DaniG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my first Razr May 4th and it worked great til I dropped it in a creek, got a replacement on June 13th, brought it back June 14th because it didn't work. The replacement I got worked great. I was watching netflix, HBO, youtube, Hulu, at home all with no problems. Then in July they started upgrading the towers to 4G. My service should have gotten better because I have a 4G phone right? Nope. My husband and I have the same phone, crappy service at home. No more streaming movies. Sloooooow internet. My daughter has my old Droid X 3G and her internet is faster then my husbands and mine at home. 4G stops three houses down and service drops dramatically from there on our phones. I will be looking into other carriers if this isn't resolved before my contract is up.

0 Likes